Thursday, October 9, 2008

General Conference!

Hey I thought that you should all know that I went to the priezthood session for general conference and I was the only girl there...all the guys were giving me really wierd looks. Just kidding, but I'm sure that I would get really wierd looks if I tried that one, don't you think? Anyways, at the institute they replay all of the sessions durring the following week of conference and after a 7:30 a.m. class today I was really tired and went in that room because there were empty couches. Anyways it was the priezthood session and so I heard President Monsen's talk and I thought that it was a cool talk. Actually the end was really cool because he told this story about how he got a letter from some friend who was in world war two, with the marine I believe. And anyways their ship wrecked and he was the only LDS one among the group so everyone kept asking him if he'd pray for them and of course he told them yes. Then this search and resue ship came by but it continued on and didn't stop, and then later the same thing happened again. So by that point they were really worried because they kept coming by and not seeing them and the next time the boat/ship came by would be the last time, so if the people in it didn't see them they'd be toast. Well the last time came and the boat/ship came by and continued on and quickly this guy basically told the people to see them and turn around through the preizthood and prayer. And suddenly it stopped and come up to them, to their great surprise the people in the ship/boat were like "we were looking and never saw you, so this is really wierd."
I just thought that was cool because commonly a boat that is looking for someone and doesn't see that someone won't suddenly see them and turn around when they're already past. And so like everyone else conference was great for me too...it was sad thought that Dallin H. Oaks had to say that people shouldn't be texting in church or sacrameeting. But it was great...may the force be with you!!

1 comment:

Eric and Caralee said...

Personally I am a big fan of the Priesthood session, I was with the Elders the other day and we showed a less active lady a talk from April Priesthood session, it was really good!