Thursday, November 13, 2008

Exciting News!

So it's very interesting because it seems like things always seem to work out and so that's when you can tell that your going in the right direction. Basically my reason for saying all of this is because I've been slightly worried about after-graduation since my major isn't exacally a money making field. And it's not exacally my idea to go to college and then graduate to only get a job that pays like $8.00 an hour, come on I could go back to Roosevelt and get a job at Stewarts for that much. But anyways suddenly this semester alot of random things have suddenly just started happening. For example I went to a graduate school meeting with my major today and it was brought up that there is a professor in the major who is doing like three or four research projects and would love to have students come and do undergraduate research with her. Just so you know I would have done that along time ago, but I didn't even know that there was undergraduate research in my major until today. So I e-mailed this Professor right away and anyways she e-mailed me back all excited because she wants students in on it I guess. And anyways, so starting next semester I'll probably be doing undergraduate research. Also, I found out at this meeting that due to two school years ago when I didn't have a major in mind and I was just randomly taking classes that I'd actually taken some classes that go towards the gerontology certificate. And so to this very day I could do the 3 credit practicum and join the gerontology club and get the gerontology certificate quickly after. And not nessecarily do my own research on aging, but I could be an assistant. Which probably wouldn't pay as well as someone who did their own research, but it would pay most likely alot better then working in a daycare or preschool. And it's great because I would want to do research, so it's working out perfectly. So, it's just cool when things start falling into place, especially after two years of waiting for that exact thing to happen.

2 comments:

Bree said...

I'm glad things are working out for you! That sounds like a lot of hard work but a lot of fun! Good Luck!

Ruth said...

congrats!!! That is awesome that you will get to do that.