Thursday, November 20, 2008

What's wrong here!

I've had this rather frusterating class this semester, and the main reason why it's been frusterating is just because the teacher has kind of been treating it like a graduate class and none of us in the class are graduate students. But today our teacher was gone and so the TA had to teach and anyways he basically told us that on some of the papers that have been turned in people have actually written stuff like "your stupid", basically referring to the teacher. And when I heard that I was completely shocked, because sure I haven't always liked the class and the tests are pretty hard but I'm not going to be rude about it. And I guess what really annoyed me was that I have had alot worse math professors in college then FCHD professors. But I've never said stuff like that to any of those math teachers, so it's just sad that just because people aren't getting A's in a class that they're going to be that angry about it. Sure grades are important, but not so important that your going to be disrespectful and angry about it. Because I've been working at a elementary school this school year and that is one thing that makes me not like working with 4th and 5th graders, is that they can be really rude to other kids, teachers and probably even siblings and parents. So even though things aren't going as planned it's a good idea to keep in mind that there's a line between being civil and being rude. Because at first I didn't really like this particular professor to much, but I quickly noticed that if I went and talked to him about problems with the tests or papers that he usually was cool about it. So honestly getting the highest grade in the class isn't always the best thing, but being a decent and nice person is.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I agree with you about that Jeannio. People need to be courteous and kind.