Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My days at DI are coming to an end sadly...

So we got our new schedule on Monday and usually it has when we work for the next two weeks. And I was looking to see that next sathurday someone is missing from the schedule, usually meaning someone has quit. So I quickly started to look to see who it was and suddenly remembered after a moment that it was me. Because my last day is on friday of next week, and then I was really sad that it's so soon. As for like the first week or so I thought that my co-workers, expecially in my area were really wierd. But within about the last two months I've pretty much have become best friends with all of them, except for a select few if you know what I mean. But even the one guy that I was extremely annoyed with I've actually started thinking is funny in the last while.

So anyways, I have thus concluded that DI has some of the coolest people on the face of the earth working at it. Let's start with this guy that I actually knew at the Hub too, we follow each other around I swear job wise. Basically he has twisted arms, so he can't use his hands barely and he is always on crutches because he can't walk. Anyways they figured out a way for him to cashier anyways, so he uses a pencil to push all the buttons. And that makes it so that he can do it independently without a supervisor having to stay around all the time. But this kid is hilarious, even to the point that it's hard to even notice his disabilities and such. Then there is a guy whose in my area who I just recently found out had brain infection when he was 16. And so due to that he now has a major limp and some brain loss. (but not alot about 15% of the brain he said) Anyways, then just yesterday I found out that this guy whose in Small As-Is apparently was in a house last summer that blew up. He was burned all over and the doctors were sure if he did survive he'd never walk again, they were dead serious about it too. But interestingly enough he does walk quite well, with no limps or anything. And they did an extremely go job of skin graphing, because I had no clue that anything like that happened. Then there is this older guy whose about two years from retiring and runs his own business. But the business went completely down with the economy last winter so he's at DI. The funny thing about all of these people that I'm referring to is that the guy whose on crutches is completely hilarious and I barely even notice anything beyond that. The guy who was in the explosion is completely hilarious and you'd never guess anything of the sort. Then the guy whose suppose to retire in two years is completely hilarious and you'd never think about anything beyond that. Probably the most serious of them all is the guy who had brain infection at 16. But he was all telling me the other day about how when they found out that he'd had brain loss that his mom was so upset. And being funny as he is he was like "Mom, we only use like 15% of our brains anyways and so it's fine."

But yeah, associating with people like this as I have this spring I feel like I have absolutely nothing to ever complain about again. I've never been in an explosion, never had brain infection, never had twisted arms or lost a job. About the closeth I've ever come to job loss is taking a month in January to get the DI job. And then I've always walking all over town all the time and very easily at that, while other people can barely get around because of limps and such. I am really happy that I went back to DI, because four years ago I just thought it was an annoying job that I didn't like even though I didn't have any horrid co-workers. I just wasn't happy with how things were going and I didn't know where I was even headed yet since I hadn't started at USU yet. I'm glad I got a second chance at it and wish it weren't ending so quickly.

4 comments:

Peggy A.N. Evans said...

Jeanne, I so much love the things you wrote here. You must have needed to be at DI for this short while to meet these people and learn what you have. Thanks for sharing your feeling about this!

Eric and Caralee said...

I LOVE that you were able to have a second chance there as well, it always helps to have a positive second experience with anything that seemed negative before!

Ruth said...

Making friends is a neat experience. I have some fond memories of how I made some of my friendships. Love ya Jeannio

Jessio said...

I have to remind myself of what a blessing my body is. I get frustrated with my blood sugar, but you're right. I, too, have working arms and legs and it could be so much worse. I'm glad you're learning things, too!