Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just a thought!!

I had to go and get finger prints at the Cache County Police Station last weekend, and I don't think that I've ever even been in a police station before. So we drove up and there was this extremely odd mound looking building (with no windows) connected to the police station and there was this fence all around it. So for awhile I was trying to figure out what this building was, and after a few minutes I suddenly realized that it was the Cache County Prison.
I suddenly realized that there are people who stay in those places for years and year and years. And they don't go anywhere, they just sit in those mound looking buildings and that's it. And so it just made me happy that I've never done anything that serious that I would have to be at a place like that for 20 years. It was really sad to me that this type of institution even has to exist...but I guess that is how the world is.
Anyways, this little experience made me grateful that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want and I don't have to be forced to stay somewhere like that forever and ever. The only thing I'm ever forced to do is homework, and I don't even have to do that if I don't want to.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

It is good to be free.