Monday, June 30, 2008

My cool stats class!!


In my stats 1040 class we are to the probability section and so we were talking about the chances of getting a six on a six sided dice. And anyways our teacher decided that since dices and flipping coins is so common that we should do something different. So we had to fill out these papers and along with that we tossed Hershey Kisses to see how often they land flat up or on their side. And we had to tos these kisses 100 times, also we had to toss them single 100 times and then two at a time 100 times. The two at a time was basically to see how often they both landed straight up or on their sides at the same time. It was quite entertaining, and I think that's it is quite hilarious that they actually have a college course that discusses stuff like that. And people also major in stuff like that too...!! It was quite fun though and yeah we also go to learn the formula's on how to determine what the chance is that you'll draw a certain card in a card game...fun, fun!!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

That is fun that you did that in your class. There are some pluses about math even if it is hard.

Jessio said...

Hey, Jeannio! That sounds like fun! I'm sorry that I've been out of touch. I'm blogging again and you should go see my blog. I promise I'll do better from now on.