Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rain rain go away come again some other day!

So one good thing about lots of rain is that it stops us from getting over heated. But for some reason it keeps raining at the most inconvenient times. For example a couple of us were hiking last weekend in Salt Lake and when we were coming back down it started pouring. Yes it was literally pouring for like 45 minutes or something like that and thundering/lightening. Also it was raining so bad that there was a river running down the trail after a few minutes and so we had to try to avoid the river as we were walking down the trail but we weren't very successful. So by the time we got off the trail and into the car we were completely wet...including pants, shoes, socks and all. So that is one time that this rain was inconvenient.

For the third time in the last two weeks I've been walking over to my practicum (it's easier to walk then to have to wait around for the bus) which takes like 20 minutes to walk to. I wasn't expecting rain all three of these times and so I planned to leave at the normal time to walk, not early for the bus. So everytime I've walked out the door and within five minutes it is suddenly raining, and continues to rain for the 20 minutes that I'm walking. And then I get there all wet, so anyways after the first time of this happening I finally decided this last wednesday that it was better to be late then to be all wet. So I got on the bus and then I found out at the transit center that the bus that goes over by my practicum wouldn't be going for another half hour. (some new thing they have come up with) So I still ended up having to walk for 10 minutes over there and I was still late, but luckily it was drizzling so I didn't get very wet that time. Then today I got on the bus again to avoid the rain, but one problem with the buses is that if your not at the stop at a certain time you might have to wait for 20 minutes. So I needed to get back within 20 minutes and so I ended up walking back to campus and I got all wet...again!!

But as I said the rain is nice because it stops us from getting overheated...it's only bad when it comes at inconvenient times. (sigh)

No comments: