Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sometimes you just can't do it alone!!

So for the most part I like to be all independent like and that sort of thing. Well at my practicum which just ended recently, my supervisor wanted to have this goodbye party but frusteratingly enough everyone wanted to do it on tuesday except for me. (because I work all day on tuesday) So I finally decided that I would just get all of tuesday off of work and then I'd write the final paper for the practicum and turn it all in that day. So I did that and then went over to the good bye party and while I was there it was brought up that we don't have much longer before graduation papers have to be turned in. I must admit I had heard that the university doesn't warn people very well and so I was assuming they'd be due in like October for December graduation. So I randomly asked them when they were due to find out that they are due in about a month and it takes about a month to fill out the forms and that sort of thing. So luckily I didn't work that day (which actually is today that I'm referring too) and so I went and filled out the application and turned it right in. Basically to find out that I can't ever get the forms for three weeks, which is after the time that the application is processed. So yeah, if I had waited much longer...even a few days I'd be in very bad shape. Because I won't even be in Utah on August 5th since I'm going to be with the family in Philadelpia. So if I had waited for much longer I would have to pay $50.00, rather then $10.00 for turning in graduation forms late. Basically saying that I'm really glad that I did end up going to that goodbye party, even if it did only last for 20 minutes on a work day. Because alot of times it's just plain easier to do things on your own, but often times you miss alot of info if you try to do it all alone.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Jeanne you are showing me that things like this are important. You have help me to see things like this a few times. Thanks for that and your great example.

Eric and Caralee said...

Wow! I am so glad you got that done. It is very true that the university doesn't warn you about things...and thye make it really hard to graduate, their has to be a way to make it easier...:)

Jeanne Evans said...

I know what you mean...Amanda and Paul had said that they don't tell you the date in enough advance. So I had been thinking of looking at that...but hadn't gotten around to it.