Saturday, June 6, 2009

The randomness of Logan!!

So I like going on walks around Logan, normally at like 7ish though...so that's it's really hot. Anyways, they're normally the same...but last night some funny things happened. I was coming back and acrossed the street from the bottom of Old Main I found this huge garden behind someone's apartment. I wasn't looking for such things but I was walking and suddenly looked over and there was this huge garden hidden between some apartments. But it was funny because there was everything in this garden, like corn, potatoes and etc. The other funny thing is that this garden was big enough to have like four rows of corn in it and probably four rows of everything else in it. It was funny considering I haven't seen to many gardens in the city of Logan, and I've been here for about three years.

Well, then I was almost to my apartment and as I was approaching I saw some people in my ward that are dating standing pretty close to my apartment. (out in the parking lot) So I didn't want to have them see me because sometimes it's awkward talking to couples since you know...!! Anyways when I saw that I went around the back of my apartment and tried to go in the slide door on the balcony. But it was locked and so I was standing there and then I decided to go out in our little yard in the back of my apartment and look around the corner to see if they were still there. So I went over by this huge tree that is out back and as I walked over I came to notice that there were christmas lights on this tree. When I noticed that I went to look closer and I came face to face with an angry looking duck which was sitting in this middle spot of our tree on a feather nest. It was quite funny actually, considering it's pretty high up from the ground to get to this duck nest. And besides since when do ducks have nests in trees? they don't normally fly high enough to get into a tree. So today I went out again to see if this duck was gone and it was still there on this nest in the tree, and it wasn't a very happy duck either. It was looking annoyed and making angry duck noises. (haha)

So those are the funny things that I came acrossed in Logan Utah last night...huge gardens hidden between apartments and ducks in trees.

2 comments:

Jessio said...

I would be excited to find a duck in a tree! I've seen things like that on nature documentaries, but never in real life. So cool!

Eric and Caralee said...

Wow! That is random, I would never expect to find a duck in a tree..that's cool about the garden!