Monday, June 15, 2009

Such as life I suppose...!!

So yesterday my friend and I were talking to this new girl at church, and this new girl isn't a freshmen but this is the first time of not living at home. (so very similiar situation) And anyways she was talking about how she wishes that she didn't have to move this fall and could just stay in the same apartment. So my friend and I were warning her about not moving around all the time like we have done, because it gets annoying to have to move alot very quickly.
So here is our little warning list for all of those freshmen/people who are still going to be in college for a few more years:

1. Find a place you like and stay there, and don't move every time the school year or summer ends. (because it's easier to get involved with your ward and to know more people in your ward if you stay in the same spot)

2. Don't live with your friends...well that depends actually. Because I've been roommates with friends, but it is better to make sure that your not in the same room.

3. Don't avoid the math placement test or math classes in general, because if you do then you will quickly find yourself taking math 1010/1050 when your a senior in college.

4. Don't take to long to decide on a major, find one and stick with it. Because if you do wait to long then you'll be like me and graduating after five or six years of undergraduate course work. (it's very sad I must say)

5. If possible don't work while in college because that pulls your grades down alot more then you'd think. (but that's easy to say when you're at Snow College, but the Unversity is a completely different story)

Anyways, it's very sad that we've figured all these things out now that we're (my friend and I) basically graduated. To bad we couldn't have been forwarned beforehand, but you know even if we had been forwarned we probably wouldn't have believed it. Such as life I suppose...!!

3 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

ditto! As much as I disliked Coldwell Banker I never regretted living in the same apartment for three years!

Jessio said...

One great thing about going through college is seriously just getting the life experience. All these things you know now that you might never have learned if you didn't go to college. I think knowledge of this sort is often more valuable than the text book work of classes. Paul has often said he wished he could give people advice like that too... He has been in school a long time too.

Jeanne Evans said...

Sadly...six years of college is to long. But it's true, us people are better off then those who do alot of it in high school and only go to college for two years or so.