Thursday, December 3, 2009

Quite impressive...

So my roommate just tonight started telling me about her semester long chemistry group and how they've always got together, but just to compare their homework answers and to study for the tests. And today she got there to find out that no one in the group but her and done the homework, so these people in her group literally wanted her to just give them the answers. Yeah, and so I mentioned that it would have been interesting to see how this guy in our would have reacted if he'd been in the group...because he's in her class and she's studied with him before. And she was like "he was there actually and I forgot to add but he was the only one who wasn't trying to get me to give him the answers." Yeah, so later it came up again and I asked if the guy in our ward had actually told the other people that he didn't want the answers? So she said that he actually didn't really say anything, but she knew he wouldn't have taken the answer if she'd tried to give them to everyone. Because apparently this guy doesn't always finish the homework, but he'll just turn it in anyways even if he gets a C and he won't take answers from other people. So my roommate was just like "I guess he thinks it is more important to be honest then to get an A." But anyways, that most definately is the ideal attitude in life, because in a few years grades will be forgotten but if you learn to cheat that won't be forgotten.
Sigh.......I have to add that just the other day I was at work doing homework with the first graders. And this first grader was seriously trying to copy math answers from some of the other kids and I had to stop her. But yeah that's pretty sad for first grade, which of course leads to the same type of study habit for college...sigh!!

1 comment:

Jessio said...

It's hard to be honest sometimes. Although I definitely don't believe in cheating or all-out copying, sometimes the lines between studying together and cheating can be blurry. It can be a little hard to know exactly what's right and wrong, if you know what I mean. I guess moral dilemmas are good for us so that we can learn to make choices for ourselves.