Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference

On my friend Jessio's blog she wrote about a conference talk she liked, which was Elder Ballards. And so I decided that I should mention the talk, one of the many, I liked. I haven't really ever been totally in love with Elder Bednards talks previously, but I really liked his talk on prayer. And the reason why I liked his talk was because he talked about how we need to have more meaningful prayers and he also had three points that go along with prayer. The third point was that we need to accept the will of the Lord and he told this story about a little girl who had some illness and so the father was upset about it and finally he prayed about it. And finally he accepted the fact that his little daughter might die, basically right after he accepted that fact the little girl went into a coma and died shortly after.
And I just liked that because my friend and also my sister Marianne's friends mom died of congestive heart failure about a month ago. The funny thing is that I didn't really know her mom, but it was pretty upsetting. Because my friend was sure that her mom was going to get better from the heart failure that she had last summer. And for awhile she was getting better, but suddenly out of the blue she died. So it's pretty hard because my sister, whom I'm pretty close to, was really close to our friends mom. And so it was hard just for the fact that this lady was only 45 and our friend is 18, she just graduated from High School last school year. So I guess for me it was more the fact that I suddenly realized that if my friends mom is going to die at age 45 then anyone could die. And my friend actually is dealing with the loss pretty well, considering. But I don't know as that I'd be dealing with someone in my own family dying very well, just because we're all tight, like really tight. And so I hope that doesn't happen for a very long time, as until we're like 90. But I guess as Elder Bednar said we must accept the will of the Lord in all things.

1 comment:

Jeanne Evans said...

Bytheway, this wasn't to depress anyone. I just seem to be thinking alot about dying and what not this semester, thanks to Social Gerontology. (we talk about dying in that class)