Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trials, trials and more trials!!

So it's the end of the semester and I've had a horribly bad week. Mainly just because so many tests and papers are due all at once and there's never enough time for it all. So I had a math test today and as you all probably know I'm not super smart at math. And so thanks to many other things to do I really couldn't start studying for this math test until last night. So I probably studied for this math test for like maybe five or so hours and for a math test that is not enough time to study for that type of test. So the test was really hard and afterwards I was pretty upset about it. And then basically as soon as that test was over I had to come over to the computer lab to finish this research paper that's due. And so I'm just not to happy with life at the moment and it's kind of hard to think in happy terms after a bad math test. So anyways, I randomly came acrossed this quote by Pres. Hinkley on the internet. This quote goes as follows:
"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
After I read this quote I had to admit to myself that it really does work out in the end, I mean every semester when I think that I did so horribly in a class I always walk away with at least a "B". So even though times get hard I know that things do wok out and the Lord will never once leave us alone. I mean right now I feel like I've been left alone in relation to math and everything but this is just a trial and it'll pass over just like any other trial. It seems like everytime I've had a horrible week or day this semester I always run into quotes that are like the above. So I just know that the Lord doesn't forsake us and things always do work out. I guess that my lesson this semester hasn't been to learn math it's been to learn to trust in the Lord and never give up even when the goin get's tough.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I like that quote by President Hinkley. We must rely on the Lord and he will help us. Sometimes it may not be at the moment we want it but he will and does help us out. Have a great day.

Jessio said...

Hey. I'm sorry that things have been so rough. I know exactly how you feel! I have been under huge amounts of pressure since I found out about my illness and it is the kind of thing that never seems to go away. But that lesson of trusting in the Lord has become a beacon in my life. I can't always see hope, but the Lord knows all the good things I have in store and trusting him is the only way to feel peace in my life.