Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Leading you all astray!

Actually it's not the teenagers that I haven't really liked about teaching these classes, because these teenagers are actually really good for being teenagers. Especially the two older ones, they kind of whisper to each other but for the most part they seem to listen and they're really cool. It's more the topic that I haven't really liked, for example last week we had to fill out these work sheets on change and everone including my co-teaching partner talked about when their parents got divorced and basically that all came about because the classes are on step families. So then there was me who was the only one who didn't talk about that on the work sheet, and so it's just difficult because I don't really relate to any of them at all. While on the other hand my co-teaching partner relates to them alot since she her parents were divorced also. I'm not saying that I'd want to be in a divorced/step family, but it is hard when everyone including the other teacher can all relate. And I don't relate at all, except that I get along with the 10 year olds since they seem to think that I'm funny or something...I guess!

2 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

It's a great experience because it helps you know what you want to do, and what you don't want to do!! Chances are you will learn something...:)

Jeanne Evans said...

True, I have more to this story then I said on the blog. But I'll tell you about that later...hehe!