Saturday, November 21, 2009

Funny story...or more annoying then anything!

So usually when I have to do tons of homework and that sort of thing I usually find songs on youtube to listen to. And so somehow the song list came up with Joseph Smith songs and so I started listening to one of them and I glanced down on the comment list to see this person who kept going off about all this anit-Mormon stuff. Yeah, I was kind of annoyed so usually I don't comment on there, but I commented and basically he had been going off about polygamy of course and how we all think that we'll be doing it in the after life. So basically I said that it of course was true, so of course this guy jumped on that and started going off about how he was so right and it's wierd that we hide it. But then I realized that I'd kind of done a bad thing because he was referring to we just think that men can get as many wifes as they want and stuff. But I'd been referring to there will be polygamy but it will be just among the people who you were married to on earth and nothing more. So basically I just said there's alot more to it and you'll have to talk to the missionaries to find out the rest. And then I also just made reference to the fact that alot of these people just look up Joseph Smith and then go off about anit-mormon stuff just to get us to debate with them...so anyone who is LDS should just ignore them. And the funny thing is that these guys started going off from my thing about all this stuff and they totally ignored what I'd said about them just trying to get us to debate with them. It was kind of funny, but I basically ignore their gunk because honestly they just want us to argue with them. That's going to great fun being a missionary having to deal with that and it won't be just over the internet either...scary!!

1 comment:

Peggy A.N. Evans said...

When you are a missionary you are taught not to contend with people like that.