Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bad day!!

So today I went to work to find out (we actually were told on monday that this was going to happen) that I am of the 10 of the 15 mentors who are being laid off, basically we can stay until friday but then we have to leave. And they were picking from the people who have been there the longest to stay, and since I just started in October I was one of the 10 to be laid off. Basically they are keeping five mentors because there are five grades. I was shocked to find out that they were actually laying off people because of how it's a work study job. But the reason for the lay off is to do with the fact that they're putting all this work study money into the university due to the 1.5 million budget cut. I suppose the furlough over spring break didn't totally solve the problem, and to think I'm going to graduate to a depression...maybe I really should go to graduate school after all.
Also, I found out that from my fine job that I now have lice...because one of the fifth graders who just moved over here from Palestine got it and passed it around the school. So it looks like I have to now try to get rid of this lice, because my head won't stop itching..............................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................errrrr!!
April Fools...I got you!!!!! Actually I have not been laid off and the whole lice thing was an April Fools joke from our supervisor, she told us that this girl from Palestine was passing around lice. And we all believed her...sad huh?
But sad story about being laid off, so my roommates dad just got laid off yesterday...along with 400 others in the same company. And then they're laying off some others at the end of the summer, and basically they're hiring college graduates...because they won't have to pay them as much. But luckily he gets like this 6 month pay deal, so they'll be fine as long as he gets another job within six months.
But still I'm graduating to a depression? Not cool!

3 comments:

Patch of Heaven. said...

Wow Jeanie that was good I believed you. I have been fooled twice now. Lewaina got me. Have a great day

Eric and Caralee said...

Ahhh, I totally believed you. But that is a relief that it was a joke. I was getting really worried. Don't worry to much about the economy, unemployment is only at about 8% right now, versus 25% in the great depression and 12% during the recession we had in the early 90's. But I still recommend graduate school...:)

Jessio said...

Ha ha ha. I thought you were telling the truth, but I sensed that were secretly laughing while you were writing it and so I wasn't too surprised that it was actually a joke. You're so funny! We're feeling the depression too- it might make it even harder for Paul to get into graduate school. :(