Wednesday, April 15, 2009

To think when I was 17 I got $5.15 at a job...!

Today I had to go to a stafff meeting at work and guess what I found out? I found out that apparently they are raising minimum wage AGAIN...didn't they just do that like twice in the last two years? Yeah...apparently it's now going up to $7.35 and when I was 17 I got $5.15 for like three years straight. (well I got like a .20 cent raise by the end) So when I have working teenagers I'll have to say "well, you know I got $5.15 when I worked in high school so $12.15 is nothing to complain about." Haha...actually it probably won't go that high...but it could if they keep raising it every year.

2 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

Crazy! And you are probably right, it could easily end up that high. I think some places (California for sure) already pay that much just because of the cost of living!

Jessio said...

At least if I have to have a minimum wage job, I'll get paid more than a few cents. :)