Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One door opens and another closes!

This of course is finals week and so at my practicum a whole bunch of people are leaving since they're finishing their practicums for spring semester. And then a bunch of new people are coming for their summer practicums and then I'm staying because I'm doing both spring and summer. And anyways today one of the other people who is staying was telling those who are leaving that they still should come around and stuff, even though they're done. But this is something that I've come to notice, which is that when you move on to other things and try to go back to something it isn't the same. For example at the starting of the school year I was really sad when I left my old ward and started going to the one that I'm in right now. So in January I decided to go visit that ward and pretty much after going back one time I didn't want to do that again. Because alot of the old people where gone and there were all these new people that I didn't know and so it wasn't the same anymore. Basically saying that once you leave something it'll never be how it was before again. So it's better to just go on to new places and new things and not worry about what happened before, because it's never going to be the exact same again.

3 comments:

Jessio said...

Hey, Jeanne. It's true. And it's weird because we're already starting to feel that way in our current ward. Most of our friends are not in the ward anymore and we know that we'll be gone at some point this summer. I just want to go as soon as we can, but we haven't figured out what we're doing yet.

Linda Nelson said...

Hi Jeanne,
Just wanted to say hi so you would have our blog for some of your family. LOL Aunt Linda

Eric and Caralee said...

Isn't that the truth! A good reason why no one should live in the past!