Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some of you will think that this is quite funny...!

So today I was at a practicum/staff meeting and our supervisor who used to live in Roosevelt started talking about how slow/fast people talk. And she went on to tell us about how they used to live in Los Vegas and then they moved to Roosevelt. So she called a housing realtor and this guy just kept talking extremely slow, and so she says that it's a country thing. Since city people talk really fast and country people talk really slow. But I wasn't to surprised by this little bit of news, since I've heard this sort of thing before. Have any of you uintah basin people heard this before also?

2 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

Yes, very true. Eric had a roommate from Southern ID and he said he could go into the kitchen, cook a burrito in the microwave, come back into the room and have not missed any of the conversation! (But I do think us basin-ites do talk extra slow). When Eric and I were up in Spokane for our open house we went to listen to his brother talk in church and I couldn't catch half of what he said. They talk extra fast in Washington!

Jeanne Evans said...

Actually, it was Eric that I thought of when she was talking about slowing talking in the Uintah Basin. Since he'd commmented about it before...especially Altamont. Also, I don't think that I ever told you but the Family Resource Center director is Claudia Brilliant so I don't think it's the same person that you knew. (she's the one that told that story)