Saturday, January 17, 2009

Money Matters Once Again!

I have a terrible story, so I couldn't return this $100.00 research methods to the book store, just because I didn't have proof that I was dropping the class. Because I wasn't, I just got a better deal on-line. So the only thing that I could come to was to put the book on-line and put it at the book store price. I was just expecting it to sit there awhile, but over night the book sold. So I sent it to this girl fairly quickly and I was quite happy about it because I got my money back. But sadly enough enough two days later I went into my e-mail to find that someone else had bought the exact same book and I need to mail it to this other girl by next thursday. Yeah, I swear I checked my account to make sure there was only one copy on there being sold...but somehow it still was on the ebay main page twice. Yeah, it's like I only the one book so how do I come up with another copy without losing money? So basically what I came to was that I basically bought the last used book in the book store and so to get one there I'd have to buy a new one for $150.00 while this person was buying my invisible one for $100.00, so I'd lose $50 that I don't have. So then I went onto half.com/ebay and couldn't find any good deals, sure there were some for like $80.00 but in horrid condition, and not what this person is expecting to get.

So by then I just didn't know what to do, I'd about decided that I would have to go get one at the book store and lose the $50.00. But then I decided to go to Amazon and see the prices on this book, well they were all about $110 or $150. So I went back to half.com/ebay one last time and then I saw at the very bottom this same book being sold for $72.00, so I went in. And they were brand new, which is what this person is expecting. Which is good because by buying that book I could save $28.00, which isn't alot but better then losing money. And so I ended up having about $85.00 in my total accounts. So I bought the book and now only have $12.00 in both of my accounts combined, which is really scary to get that low. But as far as I know there are no bills that will go through this weekend and if I make sure that I don't use a debit card or anything I should be fine until the money from the other book sales start coming in next week. So just hopefully it isn't slow coming through and it all comes in by the starting of the week. But isn't that terrible? That somehow it got two listings on there and now I have to almost invent a new book to get to that girl. But I'm just lucky that I went back in one last time to half.com/ebay and saw that $72.00 book at the very bottom and went into it and saw that it was brand new. So just hopefully this book comes fast and I can get it in the mail to this other person by thursday like I'm supposed. I swear my life is insane, but somehow things always seem to work out. Sometimes I wonder how it all works out when it's crazy things like an accidental listing for a book on half.com/ebay. But thank goodness it all has worked out is all I can say.

Good luck to you all have have a great holiday weekend with no school on monday!!!!

No comments: