Thursday, January 8, 2009

You better watch out or else...!

So for the last week I've been back here in Logan in it's north pole conditions, with ice and snow everywhere. Anyways, due to being in logan winters for the last three winters I've become quite accustomed to ice skating in the parking lots and side walks while walk outside. Well, due to that I'm always quite careful and I don't think I ever even once fell last winter and I hadn't this winter either. Well, that is until today I was walking to my apartment from classes and I thought something along the lines of how I hadn't fallen at all yet and that it probably wouldn't be happening anytime soon either since I'm so used to it. Well, I was just two feet from my apartment door and suddenly there I was sitting by my neighbers door...luckily no walked out just about then.
The lesson learned is that it's unwise to become vain because you've become really good at something, because when your not carefull you'll slide and die.
Also the update on the first week of school...and that is that due to my lovely little 7:30 a.m. class this morning my illness has gotten worse. It actually was going away yesterday and suddenly there it was again today, but basically it doubled by degrees. Today I made the unwise decision of walking back to my apartment for the hour and half break between two classes. So I was going back over to campus to attend my psychology stats class to run into someone I knew. And this girl kept talking a ton and we were going up the hill and as soon as we were at the top I had this horrendous headache, but luckily we split ways about then. And by that point I was about to drop over dead...literally! So I hurried to my class and by the end of it the headache was gone. But by then I decided that it would be unwise to go to work, so I called in sick. And within two hours the headache was back and I was really glad that I called in sick. So hopefully this illness, whatever it is will be gone by monday.
So hopefully none of you are sliding on ice or getting sick, but have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Jessio said...

What were THINKING taking a 7:30 am class? Such is madness, especially when you don't feel good. I did that at Snow and it was just not a good idea.... You probably need to take that class that is only offered at that time or something like that, huh? Sad. Well, that is so sad that you slid on the ice! It really is true that "pride cometh before the fall!" hahahahahahahahaha

Jeanne Evans said...

That is what's happened with the last three 7:30 classes that I've had. They've all been those that only have one section and then is never changed, even when it's a new semester. And alot of the teachers don't have to have a problem with it, so they might be the ones suggesting that their class be at that time or something. But this is the last semester that I ever have a 7:30 class again...yay!!