Friday, January 23, 2009

Van rollover of 2005

Last night I was kind of having a bad night because of the week and a half of broncitis, I still went to my math class. But I had these huge headaches and couldn't concentrate very well and so basically I got behind and I am now in for a brutal math semester. So yesterday we had our first black board test and I did study, but in the end I got lower then I would have liked on that test. And then after work last night and what not I was walking to my apartment/more sliding down the ice covered hill. And so I was just annoyed because of this annoying broncitis I am now in for a bad semester.
Well, then today I went to Religion in Life at the Institute and guess who talked at it? Some people by the names of Jared and Amy Nelson, you probably don't recognize the name. But I have a story here to jog your memory...fall 2005 there was a huge USU agricultural group that went on some trip in those huge old 15 passenger vans. Were on the freeway, the tire blew and the van rolled. There were 11 in the van, including a professor who was among the 11. Well, the van rolled and 9 of the 11 died. Two lived, one walked away in normal condition, but the other Jared Nelson had brain damage and is now in a wheel chair, can't talk, and worst of all he had only been married 5 weeks. So this friend of there's got up to introduce them at the religion in life and basically after the introduction he was like "and you guys think you have it bad, but honestly these two have it alot worse." And suddenly I was totally like thinking "oh dear, I at least found a study group for that math class, and I'm not the only one sliding down the ice hill around here." So yeah, that is exacally always how it works, when you think that you have it bad you find out that it could always be worse.
Honestly it would have been so much easier if Jared Nelson had died in the freak accident, well easier for his wife at least. Because then she could have gotten remarried later, but honestly that girl is amazing. She gave this whole entire talk on how it's hard because they don't fit in very well with other couples, but that's okay because all of us at one time or another feel left out or alone. And she just went off about how all of her trials are just like ours and nothing much different, but honestly hers are alot worse. All I have to complain about is being a poor college student, getting broncitis and doing bad on the first math test of the semester.

2 comments:

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Yes you are right. We can always find someone who is not as well off in so many ways as we are our selves. I think sometimes we get so caught up in our very personal plights, trying to solve our own problems our selves, that we forget we have a Heavenly Father whom we can rely on to help us out . And so it feels like were sliding down hill on ice. I'm sorry that you have been sick for such a long time, but I'm glad to hear you found a study group for math! (I hardly know how to spell the word, let alone do any of it) SO you see, you are a far better woman that me! I am just new to blog land. I am likeing it. Laura started a blog first and led the way. The girls all had blogs before I did. Laura's is a closed blog, but the other are open and the link is on my side bar. Enjoy your Sabbath! love ya, Aunt Lewaina

Eric and Caralee said...

Amazing how that puts our trials in perspective isn't it? I need that a lot anytime I feel sorry for myself, which has been a lot lately. I just need to remember I won't be far from all of you for much longer. :)