Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Close call and the missionaries!

I came extremely close to losing all my classes this semester, to think if it had really happened I would be in a heap of trouble. So I got this e-mail yesterday saying that the deadline for tuition and fees is Sept. 17, which is like tomorrow. And I thought to myself "well that is strange that I would get an e-mail like that when financial aid normally pays tuition and fees." But for some reason I had this odd feeling that something was terribly wrong and I didn't know what it could possibly be. So I forgot about it until this morning in the computer lab and suddenly I remembered that e-mail so I went back and looked at it. But then I decided that it really had to be just an e-mail that got sent out to everyone, even though I've never gotten it before. Well, just minutes before a class I suddenly got an e-mail from financial aid saying that I had to sign this agreement form with their conditions on it that was on-line. Then I suddenly remembered that I had gotten that e-mail before but discarded it since I already have gotten financial aid, considering it is on my school account and all. So then today I suddenly realized that maybe I didn't get it after all even though it says I did in my account. Well, I ended up hurrying and finding this form and agreeing to the usual "I'll get a 2.0 GPA or higher to keep this financial aid" and whatever else is in that agreement from. Well, I suddenly realized that I must have read the account wrong and I never did get it, so right after the class I ran to the financial aid office. And guess what? I found out that I really didn't ever get it, just because I'd never gone and confirmed the agreement form. Which is pretty sad because I don't recall this sort of incident happening before. Maybe it is just a new thing, or I did that early enough in the summer other times that I have forgotten it. But to think if I hadn't of gotten that e-mail when I did I probably would be in college anymore as of tomorrow. Without paying $100.00 add fee to get them all back when financial aid did actually come. But that explains alot as to why I never got the extra that I usually get when tuition is paid. I just assumed it went to a wrong address or something...!

So I was kind of bad today and I went on a different path as to avoid the Elders, it's probably not a good idea normally. But I was in a hurry and they always stop me and start trying to get me to come up with someone who isn't LDS that I can hook them up with. It's kind of hard when I get stopped every other week and everytime I still don't know anyone besides the one person who is already taking the discussions and the one lady who is way into drinking to ever consider that. So I saw them at the top of the old main stairs and so I took a different route...bad attitude for someone who is supposed to be going on a mission right? (the Utah missionaries are slightly to pushy though since it's Utah and how much of the population is LDS?)

2 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

You naughty girl! Avoiding the Missionaries...I can understand though, I am surrounded by people not of our religion and I still have a hard time finding potential investigators. Our Bishop is always telling us to pray for Missionary opportunities, I think I do that about half the time. I guess I start to think I'm okay since I sent a video to my old boss and co-workers.
That's crazy about financial aid, not terribly surprising, they always want you to jump through all sorts of loopholes..

Jessio said...

Jeanne, I know how you feel! You'll recall my fiasco this semester... People like to make our lives as annoying as possible.