Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I should become a blood donator!

It's kind of funny because I haven't had a single shot since I was 5 years old and so I really don't remember ever getting one. So I've always been freaked out by needles and so I actually got the donating blood coordinator calling two summers ago and I still wouldn't do it. Well I've finally been forced to get shots and so today was my second day of getting shots. And interestingly enough I don't think that I'm as afraid of needles as I thought I was. So just last summer I was talking to some girls in my ward about how it's the people who deal well with needles who should donate blood and the others shouldn't. So now that I know that I deal well with needles I should just start donating blood more often...don't you think?
But as for right now I basically just have to go to the dentist and find out blood lab results from the health and wellness center and then I am done filling out mission papers...! Actually I forgot one really annoooooooooooooooooying thing though, so I am kicked off of my parents health insurance because I'm to old for it now. But I have to have insurance for going on a mission, so I have to get my own health insurance and I don't know what to do about that. Since it's so expensive as it is and I need to be saving for going on the mission. But hopefully I find something before January, since that is when I'm turning the papers in...has anyone heard of a group plan? Because my bishop did tell me that I should do that, but I don't know anything about it. (it's probably the best option though)

2 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

You should donate blood! It's fun, and the treats are good ;)
Since you are in Utah there might be an insurance agency that might offer good rates to someone going on a mission. I would call around and ask.

Jeanne Evans said...

I'm kind of concluding that I should just get in on that saving plan insurance that Mother and Daddy are doing. Even though I'll have to do the $1500.00 starting part, and then put $90.00 in every month. But then I won't be losing anything later, so it's probably the best deal even though it is a bit expensive but all health insurance is...sadly for me at the moment anyways!