Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Funny how different schools are!

So I wasn't planning to work at the after school job again, but it ended up that it was one of my only options so I took it again. They had enough at the old school I was at, so I'm over at Ellis Elementary this year. It's crazy though because I was with the 1st graders last year and I am again this time too, but I was completely shocked today when a bunch of them came running over and wanted me to read books to them. Because last year the first graders didn't even want to read, they wanted to play more then that. And it's also strange because a whole bunch of them always want me to help them do their homework. Whereas last year they would always run to the other teacher, which they knew more since she'd been there longer then me. But it's just interesting that these kids are so into doing their homework and reading, and not just playing all the time. Another nice thing is that the teacher over after school is very much into it and isn't there because she has to be. And she is fluent in spanish, which helps since there are alot of hispanics in the school. So I've come to decide that it was a good thing I took the job again, since judging something by one time experience isn't always accurate.

2 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

Yay for Ellis!

Jeanne Evans said...

To bad I wouldn't have been with Ellis last year.