Thursday, October 1, 2009

Funny story

So it's pretty funny because in my cultural diversity class we had to do an interview paper and then relate the culture from this other person to our culture. And one of the questions had to do with how the other persons culture thinks in terms of marriage. So I interviewed a mexican lady I know and she was talking about marriage being sacred and what not in Mexico. Well, it was kind of funny because on my part of the paper I wrote that America used to be like that but not as much now because of homesexuality and divorce. And the TA who is not LDS made some comment about how that's so surprising that I should write that since alot of the US think of that topic at 180 degree different angle. It was just funny because he didn't know that he was grading a LDS person's paper and that is by far the LDS opinion of homosexuality/divorce. (he was referring more to the homosexuality though) It would be most interesting to be a non-LDS person in Utah, don't you think?

No comments: